Search This Blog

Monday 11 June 2012

Get out of the comfort zone

The research on piracy I’ve been involved with seems to be interesting for people outside my regular network. As a result I get invitations to all kinds of organizations to do presentations. Every event off course steals time and often is somewhat undefined in objective, suitable scope and so on … but seems to be rewarding in the long run.

At each event I get good constructive critique, some laughs, the possibility to see my own work with a new perspective, often a good cup of coffee and sometimes even a nice bowl of ice cream.

I’m generally content with my situation, colleagues and network, but in regards to my research I must say that dealing with a topic that get people’s attention is good for me and my research and gets me out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment